Saturday, August 28, 2010

What a day!

So I went to Pagan Pride Day 2010 in North Kansas City, Mo. It was wonderful. I got to listen to Skewd Drumming Tribe, and let me tell you, the energy that I felt while they were playing stirred up many emotions, all good, for me.

My friend, Alfred Willowhawk, talked about Shamanic Journeys and mentioned me towards the end. Although I turned red, it was nice that he felt comfortable with what had happened in the past and working past it. I felt welcomed and loved.

I got to network with many new people, reconnect with some I had not seen in a long time, and got to learn things I had not known before. It was really something special.

I was a little disappointed with the turn-out, I just kinda figured more would be there, seeing as how it is Kansas City, something much larger than Lawrence or Topeka. However, there felt as though many more people were there in spirit.

I am really looking forward to speaking with these people again, some of which invited me to groups and events that I never knew were happening. They asked if I would write articles and that felt really good to start getting my name out, especially since I don't have many articles out yet. Some, even, had heard of me and some had already read my articles. That made me proud, but also a little worried for the fact that I wondered what they thought. :o/ A writer is their own WORST critic!

Anyway, I am hoping that the next few months prove to be MAGICAL!

Brightest Blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment